The day to day ramblings of a 30 something Lancastrian. If you want to read my views on life, the great outdoors, what I am listening to and where I think people should go, then read on. If you wish to contact me please mail stewood(at)gmail.com

Tuesday 8 January 2008

Writing on the Wall for Afflecks?

Well it looks like that is it for Afflecks. The stallholders have been given 2 weeks notice it seems to vacate the premises.
Now to be honest I haven't been an Afflecks customer for years, not since the heady days of Madchester when I used to go there most Saturdays in the summer (Winter was for football) and get my hands on some live bootleg tape or vid or some rare record or other. But it has always been a Manchester institution and as such its possible closing should be mourned.
Fingers crossed a compromise can be reached but sadly it doesn't look like it and once more we will the erosion of Manchester and the continuation of its decline into just another city centre.

No comments: