The day to day ramblings of a 30 something Lancastrian. If you want to read my views on life, the great outdoors, what I am listening to and where I think people should go, then read on. If you wish to contact me please mail stewood(at)gmail.com

Thursday 15 February 2007

Anthony H


I was shocked this week to hear that Tony/Anthony/Anthony H Wilson had got kidney cancer. I was even more shocked to see an interview with him on BBC NW where he was bearded and gaunt looking, his polo shirt was hanging off him.
He is one of those people who totally polarises opinions, you either love him or hate him. He seems to thrive on this and fair play to him. I usually see him quite often as he has an office on the same site as where I work, and I find myself muttering "tosser" to myself, then remembering that actually I quite like him. End of the day, he is just a contrary bloke, if everyone agreed with him, he would probably argue with himself.
I have only really met him the once, he was the questionmaster on a quiz programme I appeared on for a small hardly watched satellite channel. After taking the piss out of me for coming from Leigh, he proceeded to stop the filming and made the producer change the autocue, as it said Tony and not Anthony H. Course he could of just said Anthony H, but no, he stopped everything and wouldn't carry on. Again I thought "tosser" but I was also laughing as well as it just summed him up.
I send my best wishes to him and I hope he gets over it soon.

No comments: