The day to day ramblings of a 30 something Lancastrian. If you want to read my views on life, the great outdoors, what I am listening to and where I think people should go, then read on. If you wish to contact me please mail stewood(at)gmail.com

Tuesday 9 December 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year


To continue the locally based clothing theme, now the cold has arrived with a vengence, it has been time to dig out the Henri Lloyd jacket.
A jacket from the Worsley based firm has been a staple in my wardrobe since the mid 90s. In fact the first HL jacket I ever wore was bought for me
for my 21st birthday back in Jan 1995 and since then there has always been at least one jacket on my back, alongside a number of jumpers, t-shirts and jeans and hats.
It is a label that has always attracted me as it is casual, without making you look "scally" and there is nowt wrong with giving the impression that my weekends are
spent on some yacht moored off the coast of Monaco, or Butts Basin in Leigh. And that is before you think about its ability to keep you warm on some freezing terrace in the middle of
Jan. Of course by buying Henri Lloyd I am keping the money in the Manchester area, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Anyway, I have dusted off my lovely black number, that has been in dock since last winter, and shock horror it doesn't really fit. I mean I could get away with it
but for those cold days at the football, wrapped up with a thick jumper and scarf round the neck, it's just a little tight.
Gutted.
Still with high street in the state it is in, and Christmas quite literally round the corner, I can feel a few hints coming on, I mean, who would want to see me full of a cold?

No comments: